Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I want my ‘formatted résumé’ to be seen by employers on the Internet…so I’ll will not place it in their text blocks when I apply for an advertised position.

This blog is a little short but powerful!  I have had clients say to me, Dr. Tre, I have a 
wonderfully crafted CV so why do they want me to put it in their form? Because, they said
so!! You should follow the rules that they have set for their online application program.  No, 
it is not necessarily a trick or scheme from the employer. I have seen where applicants 
neglected their direction and not gotten a phone interview or invited to the interview 
because the reviewer from the company could not read or understand the information 
submitted to them.  Applying for a job takes work so take the time to complete the boxes 
and fill in the information they require.  Many times they will have a place for you to upload 
your ‘formatted résumé’ into their system. It does not hurt for you to take the extra effort to 
enter your information twice to get the position that you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment